- UTI’s are very common and can affect most women at least once in their lifetime.
- 1 in 5 women of any age will have problems with repeated infections.
- 1 in 4 nursing home patients admitted to hospital are dehydrated.
- Dehydration can increase the risk of developing a urinary tract infection.
- During the summer months there is an increase in the number of UTI’s.
- Keeping hydrated in the hot weather can be a challenge.
For more information and advice, please view the Summer has arrived – keeping hydrated will help prevent urinary tract infections (UTI’s) poster.