Appointments Line: 01242 580 511
The Receptionist will ask you for a brief description of your problem to ensure you are dealt with by the most appropriate clinician (for example, a nurse for vaccinations). This will ensure you are seen as quickly as possible by the right clinician. The GPs have directed the Receptionists to ask these questions.
We provide urgent, same day and routine appointments with our practice nursing and GP team Monday to Friday. Appointments are usually 10 minutes.
If you have an urgent problem you will always be seen by the practice.
Routine GP appointments are also available for early morning and early evening surgeries and alternate Saturday mornings.
When contacting the practice you will be able to:
* Make a same day appointment (subject to availability) with your preferred GP.
* Make a same day appointment with the Minor Illness nurse if available.
* Book a telephone consultation with your preferred available GP.
* Book a future booked appointment with your preferred GP or Practice Nurse (available up to 4 weeks in advance).
* Book an appointment in an Improved Access clinic where you can be seen during the evening or at the weekend.
In the event of an emergency you will be able to speak to the on-call Doctor.
Surgery times, including extended hours.
In response to Patient Feedback we have increased the number of future booked GP appointments available
You can use the Patient Online Service to book appointments. Please note that you cannot book appointments for minor surgery, contraceptive implant removal/insertion or cryotherapy through this facility, and must speak to Reception.
If you have not already signed up for online services, please speak to a Receptionist about registering. You can read about the online services here.